Tutu ber om ursäkt för sin och min del

Jag skrev ett biografiskt inlägg om ärkebiskop Desmond Tutu tidigare i år. Nu fortsätter han sitt goda värv som människorättskämpe genom att be om ursäkt för kyrkans förföljelse av homosexuella.
"I want to apologise to you and to all those who we in the church have persecuted.
"I'm sorry that we have been part of the persecution of a particular group.
"For me that is quite un-Christ like and, for that reason, it is unacceptable.
"Maybe even as a retired Archbishop I probably have, to some extent, a kind of authority, but apart from anything let me say for myself and anyone who might want to align themselves with me, I'm sorry.
"I'm sorry for the hurt, for the rejection, for the anguish that we have caused to such as yourselves."
Han ber om ursäkt också för min del genom att säga "anyone who might want to align themselves with me". Det passar mig bra.
Canal Street
PinkNews:
Desmond Tutu awaits lesbian kiss (1.6.06)
Tutu criticises church’s gay opposition (22.9.06)
Tutu stands up for gays (19.1.07)
Archbishop apologises for persecution of gays (16.12.07)

Inga kommentarer: