The Preacher's Lament

This is what your Pastor really thinks...
• If I express myself on a subject, I'm trying to run things.
• If I'm silent, I'm dumb or have lost interest.
• If I'm often at my office (preparing sermons or studying), why don't I get out and learn what's going on.
• If I'm out when they call, why am I not tending to business, or studying for a sermon.
• If I'm not at home at night, I'm out having a good time.
• If I'm home, I'm neglecting important outside contacts and activities.
• If I don't agree with people, I'm bullheaded.
• If I do agree, I don't have any ideas of my own.
• If I don't do what I'm asked, I'm a poor pastor.
• If I do agree, well, that's what I'm paid for.
• If I give someone a short answer, I'm "too big for my britches."
• If I attempt to explain the pros and cons of an issue, I'm a know it all.
• If I'm well dressed, I'm a big shot.
• If I'm not, I'm a poor representative of my office.
• If I'm on the job a short time, I'm inexperienced.
• If I've been there a long time, It's time for a change.

- from Old Lutheran.

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

:-)

... svenskarna har ju löst detta med sitt "lagom"

Anonym sa...

Mitt i prick detdär, kan jag säga som prästson. I övrigt instämmer jag med Matti!

Anonym sa...

Men va' jobbigt! :-)